Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What is on my dog's head?

I have a pug and this past weekend, she was doing a lot of running around all over my mom's house, chasing cats and causing trouble. I noticed one evening that she was missing a small tuft of hair on the top of her head and there was a minute bump, but no other sign of injury. It's been three days and now it appears there's a scab where the bump was. I'm wondering if it's possible she bumped her head on something and it took a few days to show up as a scab or if this could be something else more serious I should have looked at?



What is on my dog's head?

Ah, the occupational hazards of being a Pug! LOL



From what you described, she probably just bumped her head...



Just keep an eye on it...doesn't sound serious.



What is on my dog's head?

Just fyi get her looked at by your vet. Chances are she maybe got scratched or biten by the cat or even stung by something.



What is on my dog's head?

It's probably not that serious. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected.



What is on my dog's head?

Could be a tick. My dog had one on her head, I kept touching it, I was very grossed out when we went to the vet. He put a drop of insecticide on it and out dropped a large ugly bug.



What is on my dog's head?

It is very likely it is just a bump or a scratch, and is probably nothing you need to worry about. I'd keep an eye on it, and if it seems to worsen i'd get her checked out by a vet.



Good luck!



What is on my dog's head?

She just recieved a swat from a cat thats all. She`ll live and learn.



What is on my dog's head?

tick bite



What is on my dog's head?

Probably a bump or a swat from the cat-- lots of little dogs think they're big and try to intimidate other larger animals :)



Keep watch on it and it should go away in a few days. If it doesn't, or if it gets worse, take him to the vet. Chances are he'll be just fine.



What is on my dog's head?

i guess the cat or some other animals bit your pug's head causing missing tuft and scab now.it'll be indispensible the spot should be sterilized thoughly to prevent festering(scab contains infection as long as i know) so to see the vet would be the best remedy.



What is on my dog's head?

If it is a cat scratch it could get infected. My cat got an infection from another cat and she needed to go on antibiotics for a few days. She became very lethargic. Keep an eye on the bump to see if it starts to swell and then take her to the vet. Cat scratches can be nasty things.



What is on my dog's head?

One of the cats was warning her to stay away from them. She was swatted.



It will clear up on it's own. If you like, put some neosporin on it.



I have 2 cats and 2 dogs, so I see this all of the time.



What is on my dog's head?

The scab was probably stuck underneath the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment