Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I took my dog to the petsmart vet (banfield) for a rabies shot, now hes distressed?

They made him go in a seperate room from me, and wouldn't let me go with to have the shot given. Does anyone know what they do to them in there? He is very scared, he is shedding his guard hairs due to stress and is extremely nervous. He is panting really really fast and seems really distressed. Other ways he's been acting isnt normal. He also wouldn't take the cookie from petsmart like he ussually does. Does anyone know what they do to them there? He was never like this when we took him for shots at our usual vets.



I took my dog to the petsmart vet (banfield) for a rabies shot, now hes distressed?

Call you vet.



In the meantime, settle down and don't stress out or he will get upset too.



He could be having a reaction to the shot. If your vet is closed, call the emergency vet and see what they say.



I took my dog to the petsmart vet (banfield) for a rabies shot, now hes distressed?

Call the vet. Maybe he's having a reaction.



I took my dog to the petsmart vet (banfield) for a rabies shot, now hes distressed?

Did you watch the vet/tech give him the shot? One time at a place like that, my dog was handled pretty roughly by a technician and came home in that state. Just a suggestion, also it's probably stress from the trip to the vet and the whole experience.



I took my dog to the petsmart vet (banfield) for a rabies shot, now hes distressed?

We just got a petsmart here and I worked there for a couple of months before I got fed up with their attitudes. we did not have a banfield there only a trainer and groomer , one time the manager braught his dog to the groomer there and she misstreated the dog, I really think that pet smart doesn't hire the right people for the eight job esspecially vets, I'd get the dog to your regular vet and see what they think is going on, if your vet suspects they did anything wrong I'd take it to court. they are supposed to let you in with your dog. not to get off the subject of your dog but the employees they hired at this store in pet care did not know anything, I knew more about fish than they did even the petcare manager, so that tells you something if they hire these people in pet care they will hire any idot in the vet dept. I was only a cashire .



I took my dog to the petsmart vet (banfield) for a rabies shot, now hes distressed?

I've been looking into Banfield recently because I was suspicious of the diagnosis, grossly overcharged, the people were rude, and my cat came back clingy, jumpy and traumatized. Whenever I took him in for shots or even for a simple nail trim, they'd yank him away and take him "to the back." My mother complained that they did this to her cat, and when she tried to follow them in, they wouldn't let her go back. There's a big warning sign on the door that says absolutely no one other than personnel is allowed back there. The people at the front desk are rude and complicit in the overcharging and the place is like a friggin' cult. If you look on banfieldsucks.net, you'll find many complaints, and one of them, from Anonymous (Banfield employees have to sign a confidentiality agreement - gee, I wonder why), quit working there and said that when you bring in your pet for the first time Banfield will have a "report" of things that the pet needs to be treated for and they never end up treating them! So now I don't even know if my cat actually had any shots done at all. People have also complained that the people working there didn't even know the sex of the pet, were abusive and handled their pets roughly and couldn't even find the vein to put the needle in. My cat calmed down after a few days, though today he freaked out when I put him in the carrier again to take him to another vet for a second opinionb, probably because he thought he was going back to Badfield. The poor thing pooped in the carrier today and the last few times probably because he was so scared. I would suggest babying your dog for a few days and NEVER taking him back to Banfield again!

No comments:

Post a Comment