Monday, July 27, 2009

We have a 9 yr old lab, I;ve been giving her, safe, peanut butter , 1 tablespoon with her food, is t

my 9 year old lab also sheds alot of dog hair,we have been in fl . for over 6months,how do I help her with this problem?thanks



We have a 9 yr old lab, I;ve been giving her, safe, peanut butter , 1 tablespoon with her food, is this safe?

LOL, I have a 9yr. old lab too, but we just moved *from* FL.. When we move to a new climate, it always takes about 6-12 months for his coat to adjust. He goes through several major sheds in the meantime, with his body trying to figure out which season is coming up, whether he needs the undercoat, or whatnot. The only advice I have is brush her often, and sweep/vacuum often! ;)



Peanut butter is a common ingredient in many dog treats, so I personally don't find it alarming that you're feeding it to him. I don't feed PB to my dog, though, because he has a fairly sensitive stomach and I don't like cleaning up the backyard after he eats people-foods.



I do *occasionally* give him a little bacon grease in his dry food, with a little water to make it into a gravy. This is for his coat, to help give it a little shine. He has dry skin %26amp; allergies, so this helps quite a bit, in addition to regular baths %26amp; sensitive-skin oatmeal shampoos.



I feed him Nutro brand dog foods, because he digests them well, they are not made with meat by-products, the ingredients are all-natural, and they add other nutritional supplements (like glucosamine and chondroitin) which are helpful with joint problem prevention (labs are prone to).



http://www.nutroproducts.com/default2.as...



Best of luck!



We have a 9 yr old lab, I;ve been giving her, safe, peanut butter , 1 tablespoon with her food, is this safe?

no. Give animals only dry food that comes in those big bags at the store. If you want to treat them, twice a week make a little gravy mixed with the dogfood, (water and dogfood mixed) Its a great treat for them and it will help thier diet.



We have a 9 yr old lab, I;ve been giving her, safe, peanut butter , 1 tablespoon with her food, is this safe?

You might get more answers if you posted this question in the Pets section. This section is full of people talking about human toddlers and preschoolers!



We have a 9 yr old lab, I;ve been giving her, safe, peanut butter , 1 tablespoon with her food, is this safe?

You need to post this question in the pet department. Stop giving your dog peanut butter. It's not good for animals, %26amp; I'm not sure why you are giving it to him. Groom your dog daily to remove the dog hair. I know of no way to correct her hair loss.



We have a 9 yr old lab, I;ve been giving her, safe, peanut butter , 1 tablespoon with her food, is this safe?

You can get some thing at youer pet store that you put in the food that does help with shedding ask a groomer. I know Labs can be real bad about shedding. And take youre baby swimming once and a while that will help too. Pb is ok I have never heard of a dog eaven getting sick from this. They yousto use it to make them look like they were talking in movis



HAY I have K9 babys also and they think they should be treated like my human ones



youre questions are welcome here asfar as I am concerned

No comments:

Post a Comment