Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do you remember my dog had a PINK fang? Update...?

We took him back to the vets to the nurse and she says it is not the right colour for a pulpal bleed or an abcess as there is no other symptom at all...



She is looking up anything else it could be as this is the first time they have seen anything like it. They are a well established vets... now Borris does also have pinky coloured neck hair and they think it could be just colouration of the enamel.. like we have yellowy enamel or milky coloured teeth?



Anyway - I have to keep brushing and every day check for other symptoms. No question really - I just wanted to update you all - thank you.



Do you remember my dog had a PINK fang? Update...?

Change vets, get a second opinion, please, for the dog's sake. I'm a vet "nurse" and I can't diagnose, all I do is get the history and pass on the doctor's orders. I remember from the last question it seemed to be gettng more apparent that the color was off...to me this would indicate that the condition is worsening? Doesn't matter how well-established the vet is, if they have any confidence in their diagnosis at all, they'll agree to a second opinion, if only to prove to themselves they were right. And a good vet will also admit when they're have no clue, and will also have no problem with a referral...you shouldn't have to ask for one, the vet should suggest that.



Do you remember my dog had a PINK fang? Update...?

What!?



Do you remember my dog had a PINK fang? Update...?

The nurse is not a vet; she is just repeating whats in his notes. Go and get a second opinion at another surgery.



Do you remember my dog had a PINK fang? Update...?

Thanks for the update.



I've had dogs for years and never come across your dog's condition before!



We just never stop learning!



Do you remember my dog had a PINK fang? Update...?

Get a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment