Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

On his lower back he has areas where his hair is almost completely gone, and their are rashes and scabs. Could it be mange? We don`t have enough money for the Vet right now, so what could I give him so that his skin and fir will go back to normal?



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

take him to the local ASPCA or Humane Society...sometimes they have referals for free or reduced price vet clinics



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

You'll need to see the Vet for a proper diagnosis - maybe you can set up payments or put the charges on a credit card?



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

Go to Petco and ask for a dip that is for dogs that are losing hair and they will set you up!



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

my dog had dry skin and that is what you kind of describing my dog had that hair loss too try giving him/her a bath with good dog shampoo and conditioner for dry skin i hope this helps out



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

Does your dog have fleas? It could be caused by irritation due to fleas too. I'd suggest you call around and find a Vet who will let you make payments because whether mange or flea irritation, you need products to treat your dog effectively.



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

Well when my dog had that problem she was biting at that area because of fleas so if your dog has fleas you should try Setinel its a pill given once a month and it works through the bloodstream it kills the adult fleas so they dont reproduce you should also bath him in Adams its a shampoo that has menthol in it that kills fleas also. I ffind that Frontline Plus is a waste of money I have tried it and it didnt do anything for my dog. Good Luck



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

You will need to see a vet i believe, is there any free services such as the PDSA (In Uk) where you are?



If not then could you set up some kind of payment plan with the vet?



Without a vet diagnosis it would be hard to know what it is and what the right thing to put on it is. You don't want to use something based on what you (or someone who is not qualified) thinks it is because it could be the wrong thing and you could end up making it worse (in which case you will then have to go to the vet and it'll likely be more expensive).



Look around at vet's in your area and see if any offer a payment plan or something similar. That's likely the only thing you can do that doesn't have the risk of making it worse. Good luck.



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

Try looking up on the web and see if you see any similarities of what your dog has (google) I love it. It may just be whats called hot spots the dog is rubbing licking or biting him self bald because of some kind of discomfort bath him if it is not mange, if it is GET him or her to the vet mange is continuous to humans and other dogs.



Somethings up with my dog! HELP!?

if you have a SPCA call them immediately and let them know what is happening with your dog and that you don't have enough money to go to your regular vet, they will help you by providing free or low-cost vet car for you pet. Also don't try to do something without consulting a vet you may make things worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment