Monday, July 27, 2009

Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

What is the best vaccuum to get. I have gone through so many vaccuums that just don't cut it. I need one that will work good for dog hair, etc. I am just tired of buying vaccuums at walmart to later be dissapointed. Is it better to buy from a dealer. I cannot afford a Dyson, I am looking for an inexpensive quality machine. Is it best to go with the oldies?



Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

bissel cleanview ii



this is great on dog hair. its bagless i got it at macy's onsale after christmas for 76. its normally about 150. there are three filters inside you clean every so often and it will keep right on sucking ive banged it into walls i have a german shepherd and a beagle and i swear by this vacuum i have a dirtdevil and i dont remember what my green vac is thats out in the garage but they didnt cut it either.. this one as long as you keep the filters clean doesnt lose suction



Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

vax and dyson are sh1t get a bissell



Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

No, don't go with the oldies! I mean, old brand, sure, okay. But the cyclonic bagless machines are far superior to the old-style machines. I agree, though. Don't buy a Dyson, you'd be paying for all that advertising. I've had a Dirt Devil I got on sale at Walmart for several years, it works great. It was a little more expensive than the cheapest ones, but not much more... and it's the best one I've had.



Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

Both suggestions are good but don't forget to empty and clean the secondary filter to get the most "suck for the buck" so to speak...I have been picking up several vacuums at my local dump site that are perfectly good except that the secondary filters are so clogged up with hair ect. that there is no way to create enough suction....check your owners manual and either clean or replace the filter before investing in new equipment....Hope this helps....Peace



Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

I have a Kirby that I bought new. The suction is great and it cleans and shampoos also. I have a hepa filter in it also. I bought it 9 years ago for $1400.



Never had any problems with it.



My daughter has had to buy three vacs in 3 years. She now has a Dyson and loves it.



They all need to be maintained, so you get what you pay for.



Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

Please, if you can, the absolute BEST vacuum--is a SEBO. It costs around $500-$600 these days, well worth it!!!



It has a life time guarantee on the drive belt. I purchased it at a local vacuum/sewing business.



I used to own a Kirby--not anymore. I was not happy with it, when I would take the brush attachment off to use the turbo brush, then put the brush attachment (regular one) back on, the belt did not always go back into place as it should have. Too much trouble, too loud, etc.



I just bought my SEBO two years ago this past Dec., and I am EXTREMELY happy with it.



Take care.



Please help! Advice on vaccuum cleaner?

I've owned a vacuum cleaner store for 15yrs.I can say the best way to buy a new or rebuilt vac is at a dealer,but make sure that the dealer deals in many different makes and models,or you will end up buying one that is right for the dealer not you.I try to have something for everyone,and have a wide range of prices.I would buy a good reconditioned machine I'll tell you why,When vacs get traded in from the local door to door vac sellers I buy all the trade ins,"much like alot of other vac stores".When rebuilt "at most places"they are as good as new.And don't go bagless until you get a dyson trust me,James dyson invented it and the others are copies.My advice, find a good honest vac store.Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment