Saturday, August 1, 2009

What's wrong with my dog?

I have a Lab that has been getting sores on his neck. They have pus and the hair is usually missing and the skin is red. He's had 4 in the past 2 weeks. I felt under the skin and it's bumpy. When they are healing they get hard and have a dark flakey remains. This last one I noticed today is worse than the others. I treat them with peroxide and neosporin. I'd like to know if I should take my concern to the next level.Ideas?



What's wrong with my dog?

Hi, These sound similar to hot spots, especially if he is wearing a collar. Take his collar off and try bathing this area in a strong salt water. This tends to take away infection and debris from the site. Do this twice a day for a couple of days if no sign of improvement I would take him to a vet. PS. It may open right up and look pretty gross if there is something foreign in there before ti gets better. I hope this helps.



What's wrong with my dog?

maybe you should take your lab in to the vet just incase its not a sign of skin cancer. dogs get it too



What's wrong with my dog?

i would take him/her to the vet because it might be cancer!



What's wrong with my dog?

Your dog may have a skin infection from its collar or could be developing a seriously bad rash. Keep the area clean and dry and definetly call your vet. Labs get skin rashes, and worse, they do get cysts that could develop into major tumors. Good luck!



What's wrong with my dog?

It sounds like it could be a fungal infection, the best thing to do is take him to the Veterinarian. The vet can give him an anti-fungal treatment or whatever else might be necessary.



What's wrong with my dog?

Seems like little hot spots. You should see the vet, it is clearly an infection now and the dog needs antibiotics. Treat for fleas in case they may be causing the problem. The vet will know which direction to go, but at this point he needs to get rid of the infection!!!!!!



What's wrong with my dog?

Is he scratching this area? If so may be hot spots. Could be caused by fleas or allergies. Sounds like an infection to me and you should take him to the vet to get anti-biotics



What's wrong with my dog?

he may have a rash or got bit by a snakejust go to the docter.he also could have got in a fight too.



What's wrong with my dog?

Sounds like some sort of skin irritation or allergy; it's possible the peroxide or the neosporin may be aggravating it. You should have it checked by a vet for sure.



What's wrong with my dog?

Its allergies. Dogs have allergic reactions to things put on them. You said its on his neck, right? If he wears a collar, try keeping him inside the house for awhile with the collar off but keep the collar. If he heals, take a look at the collar it could be something on the collar, maybe the material. If you don't want him running around without a collar, try changing the collar to a different material/brand.



What's wrong with my dog?

mabey its mainge, its real expensive but if you love your animals it is worth it!



Take your dog to the vet!



What's wrong with my dog?

maybe the collar is rubing around her neck



but id still take her to a vet it could be something very dangerous or an infection

No comments:

Post a Comment