Saturday, August 1, 2009

What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

Looking for a really great vaccum that will pick up dog hair and messes made by a one-yr-old!!! something reasonably priced too!!!



we currently have a dirt devil vision and it stinks!!! it doesn't pick up the dog hair and it always gets clogged!



thank you!



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

I would recommend an iRobot Roomba Discovery or a Roomba Discovery for pets.



I have an iRobot Roomba Discovery. I love it. It cleans my carpets better than any other vacuum that I have ever owned. It is bag less, so there are no messy bags to deal with. It cleans by itself, while I do other things, and it gets under beds and furniture where other vacuums cant go. It gets up pet hair and kitty litter like nobodies business. It picks up whole and crushed Cheerio閳ユ獨. My Roomba even got an entire bottle of glitter out of my carpet! I have found my Roomba and Scooba (also a wonderful product) to be the biggest time saver ever! The very best thing is being able to vacuum my kids playroom overnight. I just turn the Roomba on before I go upstairs for the night, and when I get up the floor is clean and my Roomba is on the home base, charged and ready to vacuum my bedroom while I play with my kids! The kids don't have to wait for mommy to vacuum the playroom before they can play anymore! Also, because it is bag less if you should happen to vacuum up a beloved Lego, etc. it is easy to retrieve. It does take longer than a traditional vacuum, because it will vacuum until it detects no more dirt (it had dirt sensors).I have not found the longer cleaning time to be a problem because my carpets are never really dirty. You don't actually have to spend time vacuuming your carpets, so it is not a big deal to vacuum a room every day (or as often as you need). You just press the button and go! The Roomba will clean the floor and then return to its home base to recharge for the next use.(Most of the newer models come with a home base, but you can buy one separately.)



You have to pick up the room and move wires just like you would with a regular vacuum, but the Roomba will go around large items like laundry hampers, etc.



To keep a Roomba cleaning most efficiently you need to change the filter and clean the brushes. Most Roomba models come with at least 2 filters. You can toss them and get new ones, but I just take out the dirty one and replace it with a clean one, then I wash the dirty filter gently with soap and water and let dry, then it is ready the next time I need to change the filter. To clean the brushes I recommend using the cleaning tool. Most Roombas come with one, but you can also buy one for under $5.00. The cleaning tool makes cleaning the brushes a snap. I generally clean my brushes weekly, but your need to clean them may be less. ( I have 3 cats and there are three girls with long hair).



iRobot has excellent customer support. The web site has a great trouble shooting page for common issues. If you have a problem with in the warranty period (1yr. on most models)that they cannot fix iRobot will send you a new (not rebuilt) replacement robot. The Roomba is a little more expensive than other vacuums, but I think it is worth it.



In my opinion the Roomba (and Scooba) are the best housecleaning products out there. They save so mush time, and do such a great job.



P.S. I have 2 children and 3 cats. That's alot of hair, crumbs, messes, ect.



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

we just got the Dyson Animal for Christmas. Now, the only downside is that it cost $500-600, but it never gets clogged, and cleans our carpet better than I thought possible. Also, it never loses suction. Seriously, it works wonders. It just costs an arm and a leg.



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

DYSON....hands down, they are pricy but worth it!



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

yes it has to be a Dyson, they are very good cost a bit but worth the money , also leaves the floor楹搒 spotless,and the furniture, yes get one tomorrow.



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

I have four kids and two golden retrievers (they shed A LOT)! We have a Dyson and it is the best at getting all of the hair picked up. It also comes with several attachments which make cleaning other areas such as the baseboards, mattresses, pillows, corners of walls and curtains easier too. If you get one, be prepared for how much this vacuum does get out, you might get grossed out! Well worth the investment.



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

I have a Kirby for sale!



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

Hover windtunnel. good price and rarely clogs. I have 3 kids and a cat.



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

I've heard great reviews on Dyson, something a little bit on the cheaper side is Eureka-Can't remember the name of it, but the one I used was yellow,bagless, several hepa filters that could be hand washed, and picked up pet hair like a dream-it put my Hoover to a shame..The Eureka comes with attachments as well.



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

When you have pets and kids, an Electrolux Vacuum cannot be beat. Yes, they are very expensive, but they will last for years. This vacuum cannot be beat!



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

If you have pets, don't get a bagless. The problem with bagless systems is that when you go to empty them, the dust is actually released into the air. Instead get a good bag system with some sort of filtration, so that when you change the bag the dirt isn't flying all over the place.



My personal suggestion is a Kirby. If you can't afford a new one, check ebay or your local vacuum shop for a used model. The machines are made out of die-cast aluminum, which means they will stand up to your child beating on it or tipping it over. I worked for the company for a number of years as a salesperson, so I have seen every sort of machine on the market. I can tell you these machines last forever.



I wouldn't suggest anything older than a G4 model. The G3 was the first Kirby with a "tech-drive" that made it self-propelled, but the technology was quirky. The G4 and newer models have both the self-propelled function and a nice filtration system. PLUS you get tons of attachments to use to clean furniture, drapes, heating vents, etc. And again, the attachments are made out of the same material as motorcycle helmets, so they will take more abuse than a typical plastic vacuum.



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

I'm a little surprised that you have trouble with your Dirt Devil. But I guess it's just one of those things.



I use a Bissel upright bagless with two cats- that shed a LOT. And I've never been disappointed. Also, I've heard good things about Dyson and Rainbow vacuums. But I also understand the rainbow is a bit pricey.



Good luck!



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

a quiet one



What is the best vaccum to have with pets and kids!?

just bought a Dyson......cut down on the pet hair buy 75%.....

No comments:

Post a Comment