Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

I am just tired of washing and picking the hair everywhere....



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

You can it may look silly but I even had a friend that shaved her cat. It will grow back just fine.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

yes, shaving wont kill him unless u nick him and he bleeds



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

sure it will live, it will look dumb, but it will live. I would not recomend it.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Yes you can, it will not die.



:]



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Take the dog to a groomer and let them do their magic. It will be a lot easier on everyone involved.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

It will live but buy it a sweater.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

It will be fine as long as it's not put out in the cold. Consult with a groomer and they should know how to do it.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Their hair is their insulation.



Don't be so damn lazy, brush your dog. You should have gotten a different breed. If you don't like washing and picking up hair, why did you get a collie?



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Yeah it will live haha it might be hummilating for the dog though



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Yes, it will die the second you touch it with the razor.. Are you stupid?



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Yes, you can shave a collie. What in the world would kill it if your shave it? The hair will simple grow back. Why didn't you get a short hair variety?



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

LOL! You can shave any dog. Just be careful that you don't cut him. He will live without his fur, although I don't think he'd be as cute. I don't care much for bald dogs.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

You can shave it. It would probably look like a Smooth (short haired) Collie. It will still shed though.



http://www.oricom.ca/crowned/ano9mths.jp...



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Yes, the dog will probably look ugly if you cut ALL of its hair off, it will live but it will be cold. Take the dog to a groomer, they can give it a puppy cut or something like that and it will reduce the amount of hair floating around.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Yes you can shave the dog,I have a Yorkie and she has to have her coat clipped every 12weeks,You will have to have your dog clipped at the Dog groomers as it is not a easy job to do..



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Well, it will live, but be ugly and uncomfortable...if you can't stand the upkeep that comes with owning such a beautiful animal, why don't you just re-home "it" (right there that tells me you don't really love your dog..."it" indeed!).



That way your dog can live with someone who really appreciates him or her and will be willing to take proper care of such a wonderful beast.



If you ever have a child, will you keep it shaved and naked so you don't have to wash its hair or clothes?



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Why would you want to shave a Collie? If you want a "Hairless" dog, there are breeds out there that are hairless. God...... I HOPE you DON'T have a collie!!!



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

You can



BUT IT WILL LOOK STUPID



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Yes but he will look silly as all get out. As long as you have a goofy looking dog I would recommend giving him a mohawk. It's not doggie abuse, they don't understand how gooney looking they are.



I'm assuming you mean clipped short, not naked. Get a professional to do it (they have the equipment). You can keep it trimmed yourself at home with a set of clippers. The groomers may opt to leave the fur on the tail long and leave a ruff around his neck. I wouldn't take the hair down to a jarhead level, but I had a poodle I kept clipped down with a 3 or 4 blade.



The dog will be fine. If people give you flack just tell them you got a Slovinian Shorthair Cattle Dog. That's what I did when I shaved my poodle (we had a barn, with mud . . . oh god the matting was horrible unless we kept her shaved). It's fun to watch people nod knowingly and go "Oh yeah . . . "



If it's cold out, put a sweater on him. He might not be used to the cold (which can make him reluctant to stand outside long enough to do his business).



Hope this helps



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

I wouldn't. The vitamin B that you get from laying in the sun is filtered through their fur. It would be o.k if you took it in to a groomers and had it shortened but I do not think that it would be healthy at all to SHAVE the poor pup. I definitely would not do it myself. You need special trimmers for animal fur because the hair follicles are growing much closer together then humans. You will just burn up any human trimmers that you try. Trust the professionals



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

He'll totally live but the con is that he look like hell!



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Your dog will not die. Did someone tell you that?



If you live in a cold climate it would be cruel to shave the dog in the winter.



You should call a groomer. Think about the whole look. Are you going to shave the tail and neck and around the ears? I have seen a shaved collie (in the summer), not a particularly pretty sight.



PS regular brushing in the am and pm will help with the fur everywhere.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

The problem with shaving off a dog's coat is that dogs cannot regulate their body temperature like a human. You risk your dog coming down with all kinds of ailments if you do something like that such a pneumonia, sun stroke, infection from mosquitoes and ticks, poison ivy/oak and skin irritations from fabrics that it lays on.



A collie as I'm sure you are aware, should be brushed on a daily basis to remove loose fur, keep the tangles to a minimum, distrubute oils and just make the dog look more elegant. Giving it a quick brush through everyday for even a few minutes would greatly reduce the amount fur the ends up all around the house.



If you absolutely must, have the dog's fur clipped down, but please don't have it shaved.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

I used to have shelties (minerature collies) and we took them to the groomer and had them shaved. We would leave the scruff of their necks fairly long and their tails fluffy. I thought they were rather cute...before they died...just kidding. They didn't mind at all. Grooming was so much easier. I usually shaved them twice a year.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

she will still shed just shorter hair and yea you can shave a collie however most groomers will advise against it because her hair may not grow back in rite.. its best just to keep brushing your dog every single day i know it sucks but im sure its worth it



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

You can shave any kind of dog and they won't die unless they get too cold.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

yes you can , i will look like a smooth collie thats all , and maybe next time you get a collie you should get a smooth collie



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

i wouldnt recommend it. its hair will never grow back the same. also their coats are the way they are for a reason. their coats help them stay warm in the winter and helps them stay cool in the summer. and if you shave your dog in the summer it actually makes it hotter for them with their coat.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

have you tried a groomer called a rake? and there is a great comb that has teeth that swivel so it doesn't hurt the dog. I have shelties and use the swivel comb to groom them...i groom daily and don't have excess hair in the house. yes, you can shave your dog but it will look terrible and hey, it just grows back anyway. I also think that it is damaging to their self esteem. go ahead and laugh but i've seen them hang their head and refuse to come out of their kennels after being shaved.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

yes you can shave a Collie, and yes it will live.



Can you shave a collie dog? I mean will it live if you shave it?

Hey- vets have to shave the area that they are going to operate on and it hasn't killed any collies as yet.



Collies have long hair because they are from a cold climate and I have actually seen working border collies in Summer months with home made hair cuts so as to keep the dogs cooler while working in the heat. No a hair cut will not kill the dog-unless you you so something silly like put it outside in shockingly cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment