Saturday, August 1, 2009

My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

He is a chocolate lab and has a top coat which makes him look like someone has tried to frost his hair, so I started brushing him with a scotts dog brush every morning. I would have thought he would have shedded in the spring, not in August. What can I do besides brush him out every day to get this over with? I have big globs of dog hair all over the yard now.



My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

hey we have a lab too! i hate all that fur everywhere! and it will get sucked into ur a/c unit too, not good by the way! the best thing in the world is this grooming tool called "the Shed ender." it actually grooms away the under coat so that shedding is reduced significantly. it was a "As Seen On TV" item at one time. now you can get them at:



Bed, Bath and Beyond



CVS drugstores



WalGreens drugstores



JC Penney



cost: about $20!



My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

There is a product called Shed Stop that I like really well.. Ive used it on labs and persian cats... use it every time you brush youll notice a huge difference!



A healthy coat and good conditioning is a another factor when it comes to shedding...



My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

My golden retrievers are blowing their coats late this year too. I recommend a tool that gets the undercoat out like a rake (available at most pet stores), or my favorite tool called a Mars Coat King. I use a 12 blade on my dogs and even my cat. It strips undercoat down very well.



Here's an online link.



http://www.groomersmall.com/coat_kings.h...



My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

well fisrt you should brush and tryy to get most of it off.



what is causing it is the heat , which is making him loose hair to keep cooler. maybe whens he outside give him lots of ice cold water to help heat. if hes an outside dog maybe build him a large dog house with roof for him to cool off in.



and that should reduce shedding. hope i help any.



when my dogs are out side they shed alot , inside they brely shed



My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

During warm seasons, dogs will shed...it isn't something you can end with any kind of natural process. Brushing him repeatedly is probably the best way to go until the weather gets warmer, and he stops shedding as much on his own.



My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

As long as you've had him checked out by a vet to make sure it's not anything that's a problem. Sometimes excessive shedding is a sign of an underlying problem. Asside form that, if you KNOW it's not an issue... at my vet hospital we sell this things called 3V capsules. They help promote healty skin and coat, it helps cut down on shedding. Plus, I had a lady once tell me that when she took her dog to the groomers they used this thing that looks like a huge vaccum and she said it was called the furminator (sp?) and it majorly cuts down on the sheading. As far as this grooming thing, that's the only time I've ever heard of it... but that gives you a couple healthy things to check into.



My lab is shedding. What is a good way to get this over with?

Just keep brushing him. Labs never stop shedding! I have a black lab and she has never stopped shedding in 8 years! Brush, brush, brush!



The Furminator ..... it's a special comb that you can buy at pet stores. My mom loves it for her jack russell mix, but I've never used it on my lab. They cost about $50.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment