Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chiggers are driving my dog crazy with the itching.?

We have a bad Chigger prolem here in Ar. I have Dachshunds and they are low to the ground and can't keep out of them. We spray where we can, but they go other places we can't spray. Is there anything that can be used for the itching?? They have worn all the hair off their undersides from scratching on the gravel in the driveway. We have skid marks all over from them dragging their bodies over the gravel. I feel so bad for them. It has to be just miserable for them. I know how I feel if I get even one Chigger bite. They have hundreds. So if you know of something PLEASE tell me. Thank you so much, Judy



Chiggers are driving my dog crazy with the itching.?

First of all why haven't you taken them to the vet? There are meds and baths that can help with that and there are medications and deterents you can use to help keep the chiggers off in the first place.



If you really care about your little dogs get them the help they need from the vet.



Chiggers are driving my dog crazy with the itching.?

You may try bathing them in an oatmeal shampoo to help with some of the itching. I'm not sure if something like Frontline will help keep the chiggers off of them, it works with fleas and ticks, why not chiggers? Check with your vet or local pet store.

No comments:

Post a Comment