Saturday, August 1, 2009

Help...I have a VET question?

My dogs hair is falling out. More like it is PEELING off. He has these bald spots on his back, and when i pull his hair back to look, it literally peels off. He is old, he is 10, he is a weiner dog mix. I dont know what is wrong with him!



Help...I have a VET question?

This same thing happened to my 10 year old dog. She had allergies. She had to have a shot every month, it worked at first but eventually it was just her time. Take him to the vet and ask for him to be tested for allergies.



Help...I have a VET question?

maybe he has mange. if so it will just take a bath and some medicine that you can get from your vet



Help...I have a VET question?

I have had dogs all my life, my grandmother use to breed the weiners. They are so cute. I have never heard of there hair falling out or peeling off like you say. There might be something really wrong with him/her. go to the vet



Help...I have a VET question?

could be mange - take him to the vet



Help...I have a VET question?

You really need to see a real vet.



Help...I have a VET question?

My mothers Chihuahua gets these spots and hair falls out. She is allergic to fleas. Give bath and get flea treatment. but the best advice any of us can give is take baby to the vet. No reason for a dog that old to suffer.



Help...I have a VET question?

This could be a multitude of things. I recommend you take your dog to the vet and request senior bloodwork.



Help...I have a VET question?

take him to a vet, but it sounds like hotspots. i don't know much about hotspots, myself. i do know that my mom had a very old collie with cancer AND hotspots. i don't know if the two are related. get him checked out. hopefully one of the vets comes in here and gives you some better advice.



Help...I have a VET question?

If you have vet question please take it to your REAL VET. You have no clue who is telling you what here. Everyone talks about back yard breeders why isn't anyone getting on these back yard vets. They tell you what to do then their source is I am a vet.. How in the heck do you know who they are. People will put their dogs in the hands of a stranger than a vet who can check over their dog to see what the problem could be. I will never understand this.



Help...I have a VET question?

I work as a vet technician and have had problems like this a lot i would suggest taking him to a vet where u live because dashounds that is their actual breed name generally do not lose their hair like u say so he probably has the mange they will give u some medicine for this problem.



Help...I have a VET question?

I definatley go to the vet, but when dogs get old sometimes they get diseases. One disease that affects the skin and coat is Thyroid. Please check with the vet. Dont let the dog suffer..

No comments:

Post a Comment