Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vacuum advice?

OK, I've heard the Dyson vacuum cleaner is awesome, especially for dog air. I'm wondering which is better between these two: 1)Dyson - Animal HEPA Upright Bagless Vacuum - Titanium/Purple Model: DC17 SKU: 8046161 $549; or 2)



Dyson - Animal Upright Bagless Vacuum for Pet Hair - Lavender Model: 0064 SKU: 7385983 $599.



I need a multisurface vacuum that can pick up lots of dog hair, as I have two big dogs that shed a ton! If you don't like these Dyson's feel free to recommend something else. Thanks for your help.



Vacuum advice?

The Dyson 0064 Model Vacuum is a Ball vacuum. The ball vacuum rides on a ball and alows you to maneuver around things better. But the Dyson DC17 is much nicer. It is extremely powerful and is much more aggressive than the Ball Dyson. The DC17 will really drudge out the pet hair and it will really clean your floors well. I did a side by side comparison once and I found the Dyson DC17 is a much nicer machine. The Dyson DC 17 is the nicest Dyson around and is the best bagless upright period. because it is super aggressive (I have a dog and the Dyson and it works great). The only problem s they are a bit of money but I have a solution. Mr. Vac and Mrs. Sew has a great deal on the DC 17. I mean a really really good deal. If you purchase a Dyson DC 17 All Floors from them for only $499.99 (only available on phone special, not the internet) you will receive a Mini Turbine Tool ($69.99 value), a Flexi Crevice Tool ($29.99 value), a Soft Dusting Brush ($29.99 value), a Mattress Tool ($29.99 value), a Multi Angle Brush ($34.99 value) and a Low Reach Tool ($49.99 value) FREE! That is a $244.94 Value. And they do get that kind of money for those pieces. You get everything the Animal gives you plus the Soft Dusting Brush, a Mattress Tool, a Multi Angle Brush and a Flexi Crevice Tool. (the Animal and All Floors are the same machine just one is yellow and one is purple, the difference is the tools they come with). The only thing you don't get is the Zorb (which almost no one uses anyway). Plus you get for All Floors with all the tools for $50 LESS! I just bought one a few days ago it is great on the pet hair better than I expected. I highly recommend getting this deal and this vacuum. The vacuum is great and the deal is even better. Here is their number (remember you have to call it in in order to get it, they can't list it on the internet) (If you want to see all the features of the machine just go on mrvacandmrssew.com and look at the Dyson DC17 Animal and imagine it in a yellow color, then subtract the Zorb and add all the extra tools the package comes with, go on Dyson.com to see them all):



1-800-640-8227



Tell Lisa and Joe, Kevin told you about it! :)



Vacuum advice?

Run away as fast as you can. My first dyson lasted 3 days. The dyson co. replaced it, the second one broke a belt less than a week later and cost $39.99 for a new clutch. (Not covered under Warr) I have had nothing but a 6 month nightmare with my Animal. My sister has had hers for a year and nothing but problems.



Vacuum advice?

I have a dog that sheds another dog every single day. Black hair, so you can imagine how frustrating that can be. I have a Rainbow vacuum that is no less than 25 years old. Still runs like a charm. It has a water bowl at the bottom that catches all the nasty stuff you suck up. The only complaint that I could conceivably complain about is the set up. But if you want clean floors for all sorts of surfaces, I highly recommend the Rainbow vacuum.



Vacuum advice?

Wow. Matt is the first person I've ever heard of having a bad experience with a Dyson.



I don't believe it's the norm.



I bought a DC17 from Sears for $450 ($500 with a $50 Sears card) and it's the best money I have ever spent.



I did a test spot in the living room (about a 2'x2' area) and filled the reservoir to the top. The suction is unbelievable. The first time you vacuum your house you will have to stop every few minutes to empty if you have been using a regular vacuum.



I've owned hoover, oreck and even kirby. I've spent thousands on vacuums over the last 25 years and was always disappointed. Until now anyway. I guarantee you will be very happy with a Dyson.



The DC17 has a more advanced design for optimized use of the motors power (as opposed to the other Dyson models) and will work well with 'Animal' hair.



Good luck to you, I hope this helps.



Vacuum advice?

I've never used the brands you mention, but many of today's modern vacuums have HEPA filters, and are good for picking up pet hair. My best advice: When you go to look for vacuums, ask the salespeople their opinion. They should know their merchandise.



Vacuum advice?

I've used a Dyson and ALMOST bought one.. However, CONSUMER REPORTS magazine rated my vacuum the HOOVER SAVVY as good as the DYSON for a fraction of the cost $150 + I bought the extended 3 yr. warranty... I have 2 children, a long hair shedding dog and a messy husband.. My vacuum is awesome ! However, I have the warranty and have it serviced a few times.. I like to every 6 months get a clean/check and every 2 yrs. replace the filter ($40). So, my suggestion is to no matter what kind of vacuum you purchase to get the extra warranty and have your vacuum serviced (need it or not) every few months to keep it in tip top running condition... Also, if you get your dogs groomed once a month IT will help the shedding and extend the life of your vacuum... So, good luck



Vacuum advice?

Dyson is junk with very bad quality control. Go with a rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment