Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Overstepping boundaries???

I have found that my new "man" is a pig,and I mean this in the nicest way possible. I can deal with laundry piles(clean or dirty),or even piles of papers,(cause really no one is perfect)im a clutter-queen too I am the first to admit this!!!



But he is WORSE -ex-(days)old plateS with dried on food laying all over the room,empty soda/beer bottles just thrown on the floor,spider webs shooting from every possible corner of the room,not to mention the 5"thick dust on the top of his furniture or the clups of dog hair on the carpet!



HELP ME-would I be oversteping my new g.f boundaries if I were to clean up a bit?(we've been dating for about2months but its only been a month that I've been going to his place!)



Please GUYS ESPECIALLY tell me how you would feel if your new g.f were to start cleaning up your place? Honestly its sorta makes me sick to go there sometimes,I like the guy alot but how messy can one man be?



thanks...



Overstepping boundaries???

If you wanna clean my room, that's okay



If you wanna mop the floor, that's okay



If you wanna use a broom, that's okay



If you wanna restore the wood on my dresser, that's okay



The 5 inches of dust just remind me how old I am



And the dog hair on the carpet prevents me from slamming



the door before I toss more bottles to the floor



But please leave something for the spiders!



The spiders are swell.



They eat lots of bugs.



When they catch their prey



they give it a hug



by wrapping it up inside a cocoon



to paralyze it, and then they consume!



Yes, this dried food is disgusting



But I'm just tryin' to feed the buggies



Who hopefully will eat them



so they can feel the snuggies



When spidey comes to capture



Their souls per the process



But this wouldn't be happenin' if our rooms were so spotless



So, go right ahead and clean up the place



it'd save me some time, and I'd think it the bomb.



Plus I'd sooo like to see the look on your face



when I accidentally call you "mom".



Hear this sung for you at: http://noise.dillfrog.com/audio/aawwtf/o...



(Translation: do it if you want, but you'll have to discuss it, and if he's this lazy around you so early in the dating process, don't expect that to change much if you go long-term. Also, yuck.)



Overstepping boundaries???

Awesome! Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

Real Neat! The Singing Answerman, I hope you realise that a whole lot of people want you answering their questions right now. You deserve more than 10 measley points. That was just brilliantly ingenious of you. =D Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

that is extraordinary. Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

This guy is brilliant! Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

You should get a special prize from Yahoo Answers!!! Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

Singing answerman you are a star !!



Please answer one of mine lol xx Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

I love this! :D Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

lol...great stuff man!! Report It



Overstepping boundaries???

Well, my bf and I have only been together a month, but I clean his place all the time... Admittedly, I moved in a week after I met him, and I only work part time while he works full time (plus some), so I do most all of the cleaning. But I've had ex's that I didn't live with that were slobs, and they LOVED it when I would clean. It's not that guys really want to live with crusty/moldy food and beer cans all over - they're just too lazy/busy/tired-after-work to make it a priority.



Overstepping boundaries???

If you are going to have a long term relationship with this guy, then the subject will have to come up sooner or later. Better to address it now than to wait. If he freaks out about it, then you probably don't want to be around him anyway. Then again, he may be OK with you cleaning up, as long as he doesn't have to do it. Great gig, if you can get it... Us guys don't take hints very well, so be direct. House cleaning isn't usually our #1 priority, but it sounds like he could stand to at least pick up a bit.



Overstepping boundaries???

Do NOT start cleaning up his place. Either get used to the mess (try looking at the spider webs as 'Irish Lace,' for instance), or just don't go to his place. Frankly, it sounds unhealthy. Maybe you could find a way to tactfully suggest he hire someone to clean his place at least monthly. But please, do not do it yourself. You are his g.f., and until and unless your relationship progresses to the point where you receive some vested interest in the deal, enjoy his company but stay away from the mop and broom.



Overstepping boundaries???

He needs to do it himself and show some respect for himself and for you. Don't ever clean his house or he will expect it --get use to you doing it. Just let him know why you choose to not visit with him there--politely.. If he does not change after that then I would find someone who does care about his home environment.



Overstepping boundaries???

I would be running away from him as fast as I could. Don't tell me that all this slob has not rubbed off on him in some way before you saw how he lived...his clothes cannot be very clean and he sure must dress like a slob if this is the way he lives...it does not sound like anything is clean about this guy...yuck!!!!!!



Overstepping boundaries???

Its not your place to be cleaning up after your boy friend. And if he wants you to be at his home, he should clean it. Personally i would go back in that house until he did. Try and talk to him about it in a calm way and see how he feels about the situation. Besides if you clean up his mess, he will expect you to do it all the time.



Overstepping boundaries???

Someones home is a reflection of their soul so I would run like crazy girl!



Overstepping boundaries???

Ewww... Gross! I hope this guy doesn't clean because he is busy at his high paying day job. If that is not the case you may want to reconsider your situation. If he is like this now, he will be like this if you ever decide to marry him. You almost sound a little resentful that it has to be that way. If he doesn't care enough about you to make an effort, get out while you can. If not, I'm sure he appreciates someone doing his dirty work and may be looking to keep you on a permanent basis. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment